A Couple Therapy Intensive offers the same Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy process, but with longer and more frequent sessions.
This process is great for a couple that:
- is in a crisis
- Is thinking seriously about divorce
- Is dealing with infidelity
- is exceedingly busy during the week, but has more flexibility on the weekends
- is already in EFT therapy and wants to have the opportunity to do more work in fewer days
- is already in EFT therapy but wants some help to get over a stuck spot
- lives far from an experienced Emotionally Focused Couple Therapist
Intensives are often 8-10 hours over the course of 2 days, though I customize each intensive to couple or family I’m working with.
An Intensive is not intended to be a substitute for ongoing Emotionally Focused Therapy. If you haven’t done emotionally focused couple therapy before, this can be a good way to get a jump start on the work. It is still important that you have a therapist in place to work with you after the intensive.
The cost for an existing couple depends on the number and length of sessions we determine would be best for you. All Intensives must be scheduled by phone with me directly. 303-880-3619
This is not a good process for a couple that is:
- struggling with serious substance abuse
- if this is happening in your relationship, you can seek out a therapist in your area expert at dealing with substance abuse. You might try looking at Psychology Today on line and searching for an addictions therapist in your area. This is not a guarantee of a good quality therapist, but it is a start if you don’t already have someone excellent in mind.
- experiencing domestic violence
- if this is happening you might start by searching on a site like this for guidance in finding a domestic violence expert and help with getting safe.
- having one of the partners in an ongoing affair
- if one of the partners is having trouble stopping an affair, get help from a therapist expert in working with affairs. You might try looking at Psychology Today and searching on therapists in your area. This is not a guarantee of a good quality therapist, but it is a start if you don’t already have someone excellent in mind.
Feel free to contact me at 303-880-3619 or email@example.com to see if this feels like the right process for you.